FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sloan-C Announces ‘Best-in-Track’ Sessions for Its Upcoming
9th Annual Blended Learning Conference and Workshop
Outstanding session proposals will be recognized during a ceremony at the conference, which takes place April 23–24, 2012 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
NEWBURYPORT, Mass. (Feb. 23, 2012) — The Sloan Consortium today announced its “Best-in-Track” sessions, recognizing exceptional speaker submissions for the 9th Annual Sloan Consortium Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, which takes place April 23–24, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
“While we received a number of exceptional proposals across all five tracks, those selected for Best-in-Track sessions represent the very finest that blended learning has to offer,” said Tanya Joosten, conference chair. “Best-in-Track proposals were highly-rated by our team of reviewers and truly address the conference theme of ‘perfecting the blend.’ Our thanks and congratulations are extended to these speakers for their vital contributions to the conference and to the field of blended learning at large.”
The 2012 Best-in-Track sessions and speakers are:
- Faculty Development and Support: “IE Faculty Development: A Personalized Approach Focused on Innovation and Learning Design,” Dolores Perez Lafuente, IE Business School (Spain)
- Research: “Perfecting Interaction in Blended Courses through Discourse Analysis,” Kelvin Thompson and Susan Wegmann, University of Central Florida
- Student Support: “Start Strong: Residential Support for New Students of Blended and Online Education,” Joanne Dolan, Rasmussen College
- Teaching and Learning: “Mobile Devices and Blended Learning Co-Integrating Pedagogy with Emerging Environments,” Scott Hamm, Abilene Christian University
- Leadership and Administration: “Tipping the Scales: Extending Blended Learning Across 20 Institutions,” Thomas Cavanagh, University of Central Florida
Best-in-Track sessions will be recognized during a luncheon ceremony on the opening day of the conference. The presentation schedule and descriptions of Best-in-Track sessions may be viewed at http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2012/blended/best. Information about the 9th Annual Sloan-C Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, including registration links for on-site and virtual attendance, is available at http://sloanconsortium.org/blended.
The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale and breadth of education. For more information, visit www.sloanconsortium.org.
Director of Marketing, The Sloan Consortium