Interested in dining options on Thursday evening? Check out our Dine Around choices.
Plan your travel accordingly! Join us Friday afternoon for the #unet4online Unconference
Technology Test Kitchen - BYOD to learn, explore, and share knowledge within this lab environment
Keynote Speaker: Mimi Ito on Connected Learning
2 Plenary Speakers:
- Bonnie Stewart on Beyond Alt-metrics: Identities and Influence Online
- Gardner Campbell on Thought Vectors In Concept Space
News You Can Use
TechKnow Tools Blog:
Check out last year's conference
Save the Dates
12th Annual Blended Learning Conference and Workshop
July 7-8, 2015 | Denver, CO | Sheraton Denver Downtown
21st Annual OLC International Conference
October 14-16, 2015 | Orlando, Florida | Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin Resort
November 16-18, 2016 | Orlando, Florida | Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin Resort
OLC Innovate 2016 - Innovations in Blended and Online Learning
April 20-22, 2016 | New Orleans, LA | Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
Save the Date for Innovate 2016!
April 20-22, 2016 | New Orleans, LA
A conference devoted to exploring how emerging and innovative uses of technology are improving and changing online teaching and learning.
Visit the Post-Conference Wrap-up page for the 8th Annual Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium.
The Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan Consortium), MERLOT, and our Emerging Technologies steering committee welcome you to the 8th Annual Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium (ET4Online), which will be held Dallas, TX on April 22-24, 2015.
For the second straight year, the conference will be located in Dallas at the beautiful Sheraton Dallas Hotel where we will come together to share our ideas and best practices as we learn from one another. With two new program tracks; an increased emphasis on hands-on learning; the addition of Teacher Tank, a high energy “pitch-style” session for our Launch Pad startups; and our dazzling line up of speakers, you are not going to want to miss this event!
As emerging technologies continue to be embraced and are changing the way people socialize and learn, we are presented with new opportunities for leveraging emerging technology and pedagogy to shape the next generation of teaching and learning. But emerging technologies are reshaping more than pedagogy. Wearable technologies, analytics, an increased appreciation for openness, connected learning, global collaboration, social technologies and the increasing need to encourage experimentation in order to innovate are also impacting how we train, support, and incentivize faculty; design learning environments; and lead within a higher education organization.
The all-star line up of speakers for ET4Online 2015 will provide you with provocative and meaningful insight about how emerging technologies are impacting higher education and recontextualize our academic experiences within an agile, fluid world. We are thrilled to welcome:
- Mimi Ito as our keynote speaker. Mimi will share her groundbreaking work about Connected Learning. What is Connected Learning? How is it reshaping the way individuals are learning informally and how can/why should higher education adapt to it?
- Bonnie Stewart as our Thursday plenary speaker. Bonnie’s presentation will address the compelling friction and opportunities networked identities present to higher education.
- Gardner Campbell is our Friday plenary speaker. Gardner’s presentation, Thought Vectors In Concept Space, will explore what this enigmatic phrase coined by Doug Engelbart, and used as a nickname for Virginia Commonwealth University’s first cMOOC, suggests for higher education and the future of online learning.
The following program features make their ET4Online debut this year:
- The “Technology Test Kitchen” (which was a smashing success at #Blend14 in July) will provide you with hands-on learning experiences with emerging technologies that you can implement into your online teaching and learning efforts. Our chefs will share their recipes with you too!
- Also new this year is a new track on Organization, Leadership and Challenges for Innovation that will provide a unique venue for campus managers and senior leaders from Academic Affairs and IT (provosts, CIOs, deans) to engage in a collaborative dialogue about practices and strategies for innovating in higher ed organizations, as well as participate in a learning experience with participating faculty, instructional designers, and other attendees.
- Teacher Tank: A high-energy session in which edtech startups from the ET4Online Launch Pad will share their pitch and receive shark-like feedback from a select panel of educators.
|Michelle Pacansky-Brock, Symposium Chair||Jason Rhode, Assistant Symposium Chair|
2015 Emerging Technologies Symposium