News You Can Use
Check out Sloan-C Institute's Blended Learning Mastery Series - Next session starts August 16, 2013.
Recordings from our 11/29/12 "Five Tips on How to Submit a Successful Conference Proposal"
Missed the 2013 Blended conference? Purchase recorded sessions
Check out the Wrap-up page, including pictures from the conference
View the recordings of the Today's Campus interviews that were conducted at the conference
Download the new Sloan-C Conferences Mobile App!
- Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
- Available now in the Google Play store for Android
Watch the Recording of the Virtual Program Preview Webinar from May 15
Watch the Recording of the Onsite Preview Webinar from May 2
Save the Dates
12th Annual Blended Learning Conference and Workshop
July 7-8, 2015 | Denver, CO | Sheraton Denver Downtown
21st Annual OLC International Conference
October 14-16, 2015 | Orlando, Florida | Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin Resort
November 16-18, 2016 | Orlando, Florida | Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin Resort
OLC Innovate 2016 - Innovations in Blended and Online Learning
April 20-22, 2016 | New Orleans, LA | Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
How do we improve student learning? How do we support our students and provide them access to a quality education? How do we develop new opportunities and overcome our limited resources?
Institutions of higher education around the world are using blended learning to enhance student learning, facilitate student access, meet instructional and institutional goals, and find solutions for diminishing resources. Faculty members and instructional designers use the blended mode to enrich teaching and learning. Administrators strategically incorporate blended programs in order to help fulfill their institutions' missions and goals. Students draw on blended offerings to take advantage of the flexibility and to improve their time to degree.
Join your colleagues at the 10th Annual Sloan Consortium Blended Learning Conference and Workshop as we problem-solve, exchange ideas, and explore effective strategies about blended learning. The conference provides the opportunity for instructors and faculty members, instructional designers, student advisors, administrative leaders, and researchers to share best practices, strategic considerations, models of practice, and challenges revealed through our experiences in practice and research.
Attendees will be able to attend two days of sessions including interactive workshops, information sessions, poster sessions, a plenary session, and a keynote address, all focused on instructional practices, academic planning, faculty development, and assessment/evaluation.
The Sloan Consortium Blended Learning Conference and Workshop provides the opportunity for attendees to engage with one another throughout this conference sharing information and ideas. As an attendee, you and your institution will benefit from this highly interactive conference as well as become a part of the Sloan-C blended community through membership opportunities, publications, online courses, and more.
All presentations and workshops will be held at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee and the Delta Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
For additional information, please visit our Travel/Hotel page on this website.
Milwaukee's legendary Summerfest Music Festival will be wrapping up the weekend prior to the conference - last day of the festival is July 7. Arrive during the weekend to attend the World's Largest Music Festival! The local hotels & Visit Milwaukee have a trolley that runs to the hotels and down to Summerfest at no cost.
Check our registration page for a full list of onsite and virtual attendee option registration fees.
- Attend or Watch our Conference Preview Series:
- Review our 2012 Conference Proceedings
- Check out the 2012 photo galleries, contest winners, awards ceremonies and more
Monday, July 8
Regency Ballroom and Atrium
Welcome and Lunch
|3:50 pm - 4:30 pm||Drop by the social networking center during Monday’s networking break for the #blend13 Hashtag Boot Camp! Get help with tweets and photo shares and learn how to win cool prizes in the Social Networking Contest.|
|4:30 pm||Keynote Address - Alec Couros|
|5:30 pm- 6:30 pm|
Welcome Reception & Poster Session
Executive Ballroom and Atrium
Depart for Dine Around
Tuesday, July 9
|1:30 pm - 4:10 pm|
Executive A/B & C/D;
Social Networking Center
Atrium (Exhibit Area)
Atrium (Exhibit Area)
(Distributed at the onsite conference registration desk)
Drawing for 4 complimentary registrations for any 2013/2014 Sloan-C Conference
(Announced at the Monday Welcome and Awards Luncheon)
Networking Coffee Breaks (Atrium)
Monday 7/ 08: 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Monday 7/ 08: 3:50 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 7/09: 11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
|Live-webcast and On-demand Recordings|
Booth Prize Drawings
|Booth 2||Small branded Bluetooth speaker|
|Booth 21||Amazon Gift Card|
|Booth 14||One Individual Sloan-C Membership|
Sloan-C Social Media Contest Prizes (use #blend13 or#tenyrblend)
Attendee Checklist - Be fully prepared for a great conference experience by reviewing this checklist.
- Watch the Conference Commons Training video. This is an important step to understanding how to access all uploaded materials pre-conference and recorded sessions post-conference.
- Download the Sloan-C Conference mobile app from the Program page. This will provide you full session descriptions. The printed Schedule-at-a-Glance that you will be provided onsite does not include session descriptions.
- Make your hotel reservations.
- Plan to attend the free Thursday afternoon Unconference session at the end of the conference. Schedule your travel accordingly.
- Join in the conversation – follow the Blended Learning Conference and Workshop Social networking. Join us on Facebook, Twitter (@sloancblended and #blend13) and Linkedin.
- Let your colleagues know you are attending the conference. Download an electronic badge for use in your email signature or on your website.
- Review the program schedule prior to departure for Milwaukee; plan how you will use your time at the conference.
- Familiarize yourself with our keynote speaker, and our plenary session and the topics of the addresses.
- Consider taking advantage of the Sloan Consortium membership while it is discounted to you.
- Watch for the Conference Updates and Welcome emails as we near the conference dates. More exciting information to come!
- Watch the Conference Commons Training video. The training session will provide important information on how to access the live and on-demand streamed sessions, presentations, and supplemental materials. A complete review of how to test your system and access the webcast seamlessly will be covered in the training session.
- Look for a separate email with Conference Commons Access instructions. Read that email thoroughly and bookmark it for future reference.
- Review the streamed program schedule ahead of time and plan which sessions you want to watch live vs. on-demand.
- Join in the conversation – follow the ET4Online Symposium Social networking. Join us on Facebook, Twitter (@sloancblended and #blend13) and Linkedin.
- Let your colleagues know you are attending the conference virtually. Download an electronic badge to use in your email signature or on your website.
- Test Sonic Foundry's Mediasite before the event. Don't wait until the last minute.
- Be on the lookout for future "Countdown to the Blended Conference" emails. These emails will serve to remind you of the access instructions and the importance of testing your system prior to the start of the live streamed sessions. Read these and you will have a smooth, seamless conference viewing experience.
Milwaukee's legendary Summerfest Music Festival will be wrapping up the weekend prior to the conference - last day of the festival is July 7. Arrive during the weekend to attend the World's Largest Music Festival!
The local hotels & Visit Milwaukee have a trolley that runs to the hotels and down to Summerfest at no cost.